Friday, December 29, 2006

Store Update-Doors and Windows and Beams, Oh My



The on farm store that we are building is coming along, although not as quickly as I would like. I did manage to get the rest of the 1st floor windows and the front door installed though. I have always loved the idea of salvaged materials. Partly because I like the idea of new construction bringing along some pieces of more distant history, and partly because I am cheap (what with the Scottish heritage and all). Most of the materials for the recent store progress were salvaged. The windows are out of my parents house and the door is from my grandma-in-laws kitchen. The beams that I put in were salvaged out of my cow barn hay mow, and the center post that supports the beams is from a barn I tore down about 7 or 8 years ago after a tornado went through about 2 miles from here.

The next steps will be wiring, interior walls, and putting down the plywood on the second floor.

2 Comments:

Blogger jericho farmer said...

The store is coming along nicely Peter! More character with used and salvaged material - better story to tell as well.

RE: cracklins - we eat them. folks around here probably don't know what they are so we dont sell them.

Mark
www.jerichosettlersfarm.com

12/30/2006 12:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking very good, Pete. Thanks for the update.

1/02/2007 09:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home