Saturday, March 03, 2007

Kudos to Us


We got a couple of indications that Clodhopper Farm is starting to show up on some radar screens this week. The first was being asked to be a panelist at the 3rd annual NEPA Grazing Conference which will focus on direct marketing. This should be pretty interesting because I think we are really only into mile 2 of the marketing marathon, so I guess I'll be able to carry all my wisdom in on one trip.


A couple of days later we got a letter informing us that we had won a stewardship award from a local group called the Countryside Conservancy. Last fall a car pulled into the driveway with three women in it. At first I thought it was an egg customer but it turned out to be the Stewardship Award Committee from this organization. They said they like to make surprise visit to the nominated places so they can see what is really going on there. Anyway, my girls and I took them on a little farm tour and I guess that our farming methods met with their approval.

We are feeling pretty honored to have been selected for both

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on both! It must feel really good to feel that you have begun to arrive!

Don

3/04/2007 08:16:00 AM  
Blogger jericho farmer said...

Good on ya mate!

Always means so much more when you are not trying to be noticed!

Mark
www.jerichosettlersfarm.com

3/07/2007 07:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home