Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Banjo in a Guitar Case



Early last week it had been brought to my attention that there were 4 Australian Shepherd puppies up at the SPCA in Montrose. I resisted the temptation to go up and see them for 4 days, but then on Thursday I finally came up with a half baked reason to go to Montrose on other business, and while I was there I thought I might just take a gander at these pups. When I got to the SPCA there were still two left, both males, and one of them told me I should take him home (he speaks fluent Pupese). Unfortunately the SPCA only takes cash for adoptions and I didn't have any. Luckily I had invited our friend Kristin to go along as a voice of reason and she happened to have a debit card, so we were in business.

We named him Banjo and so far he seems like a great dog. He is gentle and tolerant with the kids, pretty close to house
broken, and so far has been sticking close by when I am down at the barn doing chores with him. He's also been working pretty hard on his chicken herding skills.

1 Comments:

Blogger Juli said...

What a cutie! That breed is on my list of dogs I'll choose from when I'm ready to rescue adopt. It's that or a Lab.

4/19/2007 12:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home