Monday, February 20, 2006

Sahara


Last Saturday night all the horses came into the barn like they usually do, everybody seemed to be just fine. When I got to the barn on Sunday morning I discovered that Sahara had slipped her halter, went outside and died. We had the vet in to float her teeth a few years back and he told me she hadn't been twenty for more than ten years. She was old enough that her teeth were in pretty rough shape. Still, for an old horse she had plenty of spunk. I was glad to see her die suddenly and unexpectedly. Usually old animals get to the point where they are suffering and a decision has to be made about putting them down. I guess if you've got to go, that's the way to do it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Genuine Lustre said...

Yup - that's the way for an old horse to go. And all of us!

3/14/2006 05:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home