Thursday, May 06, 2010

Diplomatic Immunity


Hello, hello, is this thing on?

A couple of days ago something something started picking off my new batch of laying pullets at night. I was having a hard time figuring out what kind of predator I was looking for, so my neighbor Dick lent me his motion activated camera and I set it up last night. Looks like the suspect is a Great Horned Owl. I can't do anything about him, so I will just have to tighten up the chicken pens. They are pretty tight around the bottoms, but there is a spot over the door where something (like an owl) could fly in. Especially if it could see well at night.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Pete, that is amazing. What a way to catch a shot of the Great Horned!! Hope the chick number are doing better now! --Lanie

5/07/2010 12:41:00 PM  
Blogger Zoe Tilley Poster said...

Not often one gets to solve a mystery - that's very cool, and with such solidly incriminating evidence... What a fantastic picture!

5/29/2010 06:43:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Awesome Blog very nice.

shoppowertools.blogspot.com

6/28/2010 05:21:00 AM  
Blogger Alltek Bee Removal said...

What a great photo of the owl. Who would have guessed?

7/06/2010 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Edna / HandmadeDiva said...

Great idea on using the camera. I have chickens as well. So far haven't lost any. One did get a broken leg a few months ago; but she's healed now.

7/21/2010 01:48:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is pretty tight around the bottom, but there is something above the door where the owl flew in especially if you could see at night.

Free Poker Money

11/09/2010 08:17:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pete

Great pics of the great horned owl. Would love to visit your farm someday. My dream when I am retired and live outside the city is to raise chickens.

4/14/2011 04:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home