Tuesday, June 09, 2009

(Drilling) Mud Puppy


Tibby After a Bath

Tibby our old (13) Black Lab /Dalmatian doesn't like loud noises. Last night a thunderstorm blew through and there was one particular clap of thunder that seemed to knock everyone in the neighborhood out of bed.
Well, when I got out this morning I didn't see Tibby anywhere, but I didn't really think anything of it.
Then about 6:30 the phone rang and it was one of the guys from the gas well drilling rig about 3/4 of a mile to the east of us. He told me that they had spotted this dog cowering down in their drilling mud pit and had pulled her out, and got our number off of her collar, which I thought was pretty nice. My understanding of the drilling mud was that it was a slurry of clay and water that they use to cool the drilling bits, but I figured I had better call Cabot and make sure I didn't need I Hazmat suit on to give her a bath. They told me that's all it is, so here's hoping it's true.


The Well Site from Clodhopper Farm

2 Comments:

Blogger Art Blomquist said...

It seems it's that time of year everywhere. Yesterday we had a thunder shower blow through and I had two large dogs vying for my lap while I was working in an outbuilding. Dog's, at least ours, just don't seem to like any loud noises and will growl at distant rifle shots and our backfiring generator drives them to distraction.

Glad your dog got home and cleaned up!

6/10/2009 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger William Cross said...

Awww, poor tibby. He must have been scared out of his mind from the storm.

6/16/2009 12:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home