Thursday, April 03, 2008

Sweet New Ride Revisited



Saturday I went down to look at a new(er) truck. It turned out to be such a peach that I couldn't resist buying it on the spot. Had to give $1200 bucks for it though. She's a baby blue 1990 Dodge 3/4 ton with 4 wheel drive and a quarter of a million miles on her. Now I know this sounds an awful lot like an "out of the frying pan and into the fire" situation, but I think it's going to work out all right. Unlike my old truck, I think someone actually did some maintenance work on this one. It sits square, runs good, the tailgate can be opened and closed by one person. It is geared really low, which gives it loads of power and a top speed of about 60 mph. Although there is something wonky with the speedometer, so I ended up having to call my wife who was following me home with it to find out how fast I was going. I thought it seemed slower than 83.

But the real clincher on the deal was the monster truck tires with the cobra valve caps that came extra, and the chrome skull gearshift knobs. Never before has a farmer felt this cool.

4 Comments:

Blogger sugarcreekfarm said...

Ha ha, now I know what to get my husband for Fathers Day! Congrats on the "new" ride :)

4/03/2008 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger wers heve said...

congratulations on the new truck. the old truck did you well hope
the new truck gives you 15 good years.
adam kopman

4/03/2008 04:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new truck. The chrome skull gearshift knobs would have sold me on it. Sounds like a steal at that price.

4/07/2008 06:06:00 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Man thats a sweeet ride! congrats, I ain't gonna lie, I am really, really jealous of those shifter handles. ;)

4/15/2008 12:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home