Thursday, October 11, 2007

Cold Turkey


We got a pretty good thunder storm on Tuesday. I think we got about 2 inches of rain. Unfortunately the turkeys ended up getting caught out in it because their pen door slammed shut in the wind. They are not very big yet, so once they get wet they get hypothermia pretty quickly. After the storm I went to check on them and about 8 of them were hunkered down looking like they were fixing to die. Normally in such a situation I would get them under a heat lamp and they would be fine, but our power was out so I ended up taking the truck down there and putting the cold ones in the cab with the heater running. So anyway, after about a half hour they were warm and dry and ready to return to their pen.

1 Comments:

Blogger sugarcreekfarm said...

I love the one looking like a dashboard ornament :)

10/11/2007 12:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home